Saturday August 10th, 2019 One Day Intensive Workshop
10:30 am – 4:00 pm
People complain about their drafty old wood windows, how about the same complaints about replacement windows and have the same complaint after spending thousands of dollars. You will never see a return on your investment as long as you live. The so-called energy savings with respects to replacement windows are marginal at best. The fact is that with the tools of knowledge and the know-how this completely hands-on workshop will supply you with will make your old drafty wood windows as energy efficient than any replacement window on the market today!
- This workshop will take you through the entire documentation and evaluation process, to decide where to start your window restoration project.
- How to remove the sash windows from their jamb sets is explained in detail;
- Learn how to carefully and expertly remove the old glazing putty from the upper and lower sashes;
- How to store, remove and clean irreplaceable original glass;
- How to remove the paint without damaging the wood,
- Learn how to stabilize and repair rot in sash windows as well as how-to replace wood elements that are missing;
- Learn how to replace a corner mortise and tenon with little woodworking skills;
- Learn how to carefully sand, prime and ready the sash windows to be reassembled.;
- Learn how to reinstall glass and re-putty the windows;
- How to prepare the sash for final painting;
- How to reinstall the windows both guillotine and with weights and pulleys;
- And, a section on a few tips on how to keep your wood windows more energy efficient will also be included.
Saturday August 10th, 2019 10:30 am – 4:00 pm One Day Intensive Workshop
Located at the Edifice Atelier Oxford Campus, just 5 minutes west of Cambridge, Ontario
867395 Township Rd 10, Bright, ON N0J 1B0 (see Google Map below)
Dr Christopher Cooper, Master Restoration & preservation Expert…
Who Should Attend:
This Workshop is specifically designed for the amateur restorationist interested in saving his/her irreplaceable wood windows. You are most welcome to remove one of your own sash or casement windows to work on during the workshop.
A very special one time offer $200.00*
*(this course is traditionally $350)
NOTE: This may be the last hands-on workshop for quite some time as we are in production of a distance learning program. Therefore, because of the limited amount of space for this workshop signup early!
Full payment is due upon booking your place, remember this course sells out very quickly. There are no reduced rates for couples. However, large groups (6 or more attendees) can be discounted at the Edifice Atelier’s discretion.
The Edifice Atelier reserves the right to cancel any courses. Deposits and fees will be returned in full should this happen.
As this workshop fills up quickly and is on a first come first serve basis our cancellation policy is to provide credit for another workshop time of same value if you cannot attend.
Pay now, payment is through a secure PayPal account
Pay with credit or Visa Debit card
How to get to the Oxford Campus: